May 1, 2010

Big Girl

We've been casually potty training Addison since she was about 19 months old. We started out slowly with just the introduction to her "big girl" potty as she became more and more interested with us going to the bathroom. We haven't pushed it at all because she's in mother's day out twice a week and they require diapers at her age whether she's potty trained or not. About 2 months ago we bought her big girl panties and she LOVES them. She'll wear them occasionally while we are at the house and is pretty good about getting to the potty when she needs to go.

About a week ago we went diaper-less all day and she only had 1 accident. We even ventured out to go grocery shopping with no diaper and she pottied twice when we were there!! After the second time, she looks me dead in the face and says, "Mommy, I really don't want to wear diapers anymore." Um, excuse me? She was dead serious and I have to say that, with the exception of school, she never wears diapers anymore and has had 2 peepee accidents in 4 days!

Fast forward to today...I went up to check on her mid-nap to make sure the temperature in her room was ok and the second I opened the door, I saw a cute, naked, squishy baby tush! She wasn't kidding when she said she didn't want to wear diapers anymore! I reluctantly covered her up without putting her diaper on...we'll see what happens!

0 comments: